Repurpose a Calendar of Italy for Quick DIY Christmas Ornaments

I love meaningful Christmas crafts and I am always on the hunt for inspiration! However, if you are anything like myself, with a busy, growing family, my spare time is rather limited and quickly becomes booked. So quick Christmas crafts are always welcome in our home, and this craft is simple enough that even the kids can help out...which would also make this project lengthier, just sayin'! 😉


In my Sicilian family, the tradition my grandmother had was to always make angel ornaments for every member of our large family...no one was ever forgotten and now many of us have so many angel ornaments from her, that we have an entire tree full of nothing but her homemade angels from years gone by. Now that she is passed away, these ornaments are even more precious and treasured by all of us. I too carry on this tradition in my branch of the family tree and make ornaments every year that I find meaningful. This year, I came up with re-purposing the photos from an Italian calendar I had (like this one), and you can even find these in dollar stores or greatly marked down this time of year! Most of the time, calendar paper is a bit thicker and glossy already, making it ideal for this Italian craft! It's also very quick, extremely frugal, and best of all meaningfully beautiful with gorgeous, professional photos from all over Italy! 


Click the video below to see how to make this Italian Calendar craft:


I hope this craft inspired you and helps you make very special ornaments with photos of your family's favorite Italian destinations! Ciao 💋



Comments

Popular Posts