Cooking Like An Iannello


La Tavola - the table is so important in an Italian family! The picture on my cookbook above that I made in honor of my Nana, is of her table that I grew up eating sauce and meatballs at every Sunday. Oh! The countless, unforgettable memories I have at that table that has been in our family for generations!

One thing that I have learned about Italian cuisine, is that each region has its own take on creating "traditional" recipes. Since learning that and watching other Italian chefs, I've realized how much more special each family recipe is that has been handed down through so many loving hands! From the well-loved addition of mint to our meatballs and the unbeatable Sicilian lasagna with a hint of allspice, how much more of an "Iannello" that recipe is, rather than just another "Italian recipe".


So this simple collection of my grandmother's recipes, was written before she passed as a memoir for all the family to have....but now we are going to share our special recipes with you, so you can cook like an Iannello and enjoy a unique taste of Sicilian culture; from our family table to yours with lots of love!

Enjoy Recipes From Nana's Kitchen this holiday season! Ciao 💋


Comments

Popular Posts