Helping Orphaned Children in Italy Have "A Chance at Life"

Having five precious little ones of my own, children hold a very dear and special place in my heart.
To give a child the gift of love makes an everlasting impression and difference in their life, and is an opportunity that should never be passed by.
I share this because, most all of us that are of Italian descent came to be in America because our ancestors were in search of a better life for their loved ones and were willing to sacrifice everything to achieve this! 


The above picture is of my youngest child, Clint Iannello, and he is sitting in front of the trunk that his great great grandparents used when coming from Sicily to America. What makes this trunk so significant, is the fact that they made this trunk out of the actual boards that made their bed frame. The bed where they dreamed of a better life in America, became the very trunk that would take them to fulfill their dreams. 
These orphaned children in Italy have dreams of a better life too, as did our Italian ancestors! Our providing love and financial support gives them the "wood", like in the story of my great grandparents, to build their dreams into a reality. I feel such a connection to these children because of my past and feel it a responsibility to give back to our family heritage and give them a chance to also become what they dream.

I found the Boy's and Girl's Towns of Italy recently and love the story that they tell. They began after WW2, when so many Italian children were orphaned as a result of the devastation of war. These "towns" are run just as they are described - as little towns that the children themselves learn to run. Helping them to one day become independent, hard working, and responsible Italian citizens that will in turn help to make their mark on this world. 
I don't know about you, but I want to be part of that! 




Please join me in supporting our fellow Italians who are in need of our support and kindness, (especially during this upcoming Holiday season) and help make a positive impact on the future of Italy. Ciao 💋

Comments

Popular Posts