Making Italian Christmas Ornaments From Euro Coins

I think my love of creating handmade crafts and crocheting is in my DNA, and I believe after learning more of the Italian culture, that I have my Sicilian family to thank for this. Handiwork is still alive and well in Italy and highly prized! The Italian culture takes great pride in the work of their hands and I can see why. The work they make from wood, to glass, and handmade lace is simply exquisite and always inspires me!


When I returned from living in Italy, I had many Euro coins still in my change purse. I have kept them and use them for not only when I return to Italy, but also for nice keepsake gifts for family and friends. Last Christmas I was inspired to use the coins for the annual Christmas ornaments that I make for my Italian family. I knew they would love this piece of Italy for their Christmas tree and not only that, they were practically free to make and just beautiful shining among the Christmas lights. 
So click the video below to see how I made this unique gift and now you too can enjoy a special piece of the "Mother Country" amidst your holiday decor. 



This easy craft is just in time for holiday preparations! Let me know if you make these too and how you added your own inspiration to them! Ciao 💋

Comments

Popular Posts