Waffles & Ricotta - The Breakfast of Italian Americans

While waffles are originally from Belgium, I think that you would agree that waffles have definitely become part of the American breakfast! And I will not argue with you that butter on waffles with maple syrup is simply delicious...BUT if you are Italian American like I am, then waffles with ricotta is superiore!


I recently discovered this combination after visiting an authentic Italian sandwich shop in New York. They served ricotta sandwiches with Nutella (oh my gosh), and ricotta with orange marmalade panini, etc. so now I have been totally inspired by the incredible flavors. 
I also love the protein boost from using the creamy ricotta on my waffles, so it satisfies much longer than butter and syrup. (Perfect excuse to indulge, I know!)
All I did was use a classic Italian ricotta, organic frozen waffles, and pure maple syrup for a breakfast that is truly an Italian American delight - especially when enjoyed with my morning espresso! But you could just as easily use this on homemade waffles and also top with fresh fruit for a beautiful way to start your day. ☼


Give it a try and let me know in the comments what you think! 
Enjoy!😋

Comments

Popular Posts