In Love With Opera - Timeless Italian Music


I have very fond memories as a little girl, sitting and watching Italian opera with my great grandfather from Sicily. One particular Sunday afternoon, I remember looking up at him as I sat with him on the couch and said, "Nanu, what are they singing about?" He looked down at me and smiled and said, "They are singing in Italian. Do you want me to tell you what they are saying?" I eagerly nodded my head yes and watched the beautiful opera unfurl before my eyes on the television screen while listening to my Nanu's soft voice whispering the story to me as their beautiful operatic voices rang out. Needless to say, I was in love with opera from that moment on!

The following video is my own compilation of  two of my very favorite opera pieces. 
I refer to them as the "sound of my soul" as they fill my very being each and every time I hear them and it feels that I can just wrap myself up in the music.

Admittedly, I love singing opera along with Maria Callas and Andrea Bocelli - I love the expression it allows. And even though my great grandfather is no longer with us, the love that he gave me for this timeless Italian art, will always remain. What do you think of these pieces? Do you have a favorite opera piece too? Let me know! 


Comments

Popular Posts